Mastery of Sleep Review
Common questions that we hear from our readers:
“Why don’t I sleep well? And how can I get the quality sleep I need?”
If a good night’s sleep is not common for you, then you’re part of a large crowd.
It’s estimated that 30% of us have chronic sleep problems.
There are three main reasons for this:
1. In our overly busy world, sleep is often the first thing we sacrifice to get more done.
2. Modern life is full of “sleep thieves” — like caffeine, alcohol, stress, electronic devices, and artificial light — that rob us of the restorative sleep we need (it’s the quality, more than the quantity, that matters).
3. There’s a myth that sleep is a luxury we don’t really need.
It’s a vicious circle.
[Note: We earn revenue when you buy through our product links, at no extra cost to you.]
Why You Need to Master Your Sleep
A sleep-deprived night means more than bags under your eyes and a dragging butt the next day.
It can affect your mood, memory, focus, and ability to handle stress.
But you probably don’t know the cumulative effects of a long-term lack of quality sleep.
Chronic insomnia affects every system, every organ, and every thing you do.
It has been linked to anxiety disorders, depression, obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and substance abuse.
Poor sleep even affects your genes.
And it undermines the long-term health and function of your brain.
This is called restorative sleep and it can help you look and feel younger — even help you live longer.
Help for Insomnia: What Are Your Options?
If you’re an insomniac, there are many sleep aids available.
Depending on what you think the cause of your sleep troubles are, there are sleep supplements, sound machines, ear plugs, sleep apps, and sleep audio downloads.
Of course, there are also prescription sleeping pills which bring on another set of problems.
Then there are sleep programs that tend to look at the process of sleep holistically, rather than the narrow view of these piecemeal approaches.
That’s where you’ll find the Mastery of Sleep program.
What Makes Mastery of Sleep Different
Unlike these other would-be solutions, Mastery of Sleep is a science-based step-by-step system developed by a renowned sleep expert.
The creator of the program, Michael Breus, PhD, is a clinical psychologist who specializes in sleep disorders.
Due to his media appearances and publishing, he’s one of the few recognized sleep experts.
Dr. Breus has spoken on news programs, spoken at TED Talks, and written various pioneering books on sleep.
In his 20 years of clinical practice, Breus has worked with thousands of patients, seeing firsthand what works to help people get quality sleep.
This knowledge is what you’ll find distilled in the Mastery of Sleep program.
Some real-life issues that are addressed in Mastery of Sleep:
- How to work with, rather than against, your natural biorhythm
- Best time to go to bed and to get up according to your chronotype (your genetic biological clock)
- Morning and evening routines to help you sleep well at night and feel your best all day
- How to determine the optimal amount of sleep for you (8 hours is not for everyone)
- Sleep habits of the world’s top performers
- Evidence-based napping technique to boost your energy for hours
- Why quality sleep is an overlooked key to permanent weight loss
- Timing your caffeine intake to sleep better
- How to wake up on your own, without the tyranny of an alarm clock
- Sleeping with a snoring bed partner
- How to wean yourself off sleeping pills
- How a consistent sleep schedule can decrease your need for sleep
What You Get With Mastery of Sleep
The best way to learn, and have your learning stay with you, is to do it in small chunks.
There are no long, boring lectures in Mastery of Sleep.
Over the course of 28 days, you’ll have brief daily lessons of 5-20 minutes each.
Here’s the curriculum, showing some highlights from each week’s lessons:
Week 1: Sleep 101
- Understanding the science of sleep
- Why sleep is the foundation for all your health goals
- Developing a powerful evening sleep routine
Week 2: Your New Direction
- Discovering your unique sleep chronotype
- Making your bedroom a “sleep haven” that actually triggers sleep
- Knowing the best time to catch up on lost sleep
Week 3: Your Mind & Body
- Reprogramming your mind for better sleep
- Timing caffeine intake for better sleep
- Foods that will help you sleep
- Knowing the best time to exercise based on your chronotype
Week 4: Sleep Robbers & Solutions
- Crafting a personalized routine for consistent restful sleep
- Avoiding the most common “sleep robbers”
- Hacks to curb jet lag
- How to nap the right way (yes, there is a right way and a wrong way to nap)
Along with the Mastery of Sleep program come a few bonuses.
You’ll be able to watch four pre-recorded group coaching calls with Dr. Breus.
You’ll also earn lifetime access to the Mastery of Sleep community on Facebook.
Getting Started With the Program
Whether you’re ready to get started right now or are simply intrigued by what Mastery of Sleep could do for you, you should start by viewing Breus’s masterclass “How to Sleep Like a Baby and Perform Like a Master.”
The masterclass is free and always available to watch.
The first 45 minutes of the video are pure education and Dr. Breus’s teaching style is enthusiastic and entertaining.
There’s a lot here:
- Five “sleep by the numbers” tips you can use tonight
- Harmful sleep myths you should not believe
- How sleep impacts your stress and hunger hormones
- The surprising #1 reason for waking during the night
- The science behind the perfect nap
Stay to the end of the masterclass video for an offer to receive a significant savings on the program, should you decide to buy.
How to Purchase Mastery of Sleep
When checking out, you’ll see that there are two ways to buy the Mastery of Sleep program.
Here’s what you need to know to choose the best value for you.
Purchase Option #1
You can buy Mastery of Sleep simply as a stand-alone program.
You pay for lifetime access to the program and all the bonuses.
Purchase Option #2
Since Mastery of Sleep is part of the suite of personal development courses offered by Mindvalley, you’ll also have the option to join the Mindvalley Membership program.
This gives you access to not only the Mastery of Sleep program, but to ALL programs offered as part of the membership.
Keep in mind that if you join Mindvalley Membership, you’ll have access to Mastery of Sleep for only one year unless you renew your membership annually.
Mastery of Sleep comes with a 15-day money-back guarantee.
This lets you explore half of the 28-day program without risk.
If you’re not satisfied, get your money back with Mindvalley’s one-click refund.
Note: The Mastery of Sleep program is not designed to treat sleep disorders. However, it can still be helpful even if you have been diagnosed with sleep apnea, narcolepsy, restless leg syndrome, or other sleep disorder. Work with your doctor.
Mastery of Sleep …
Get the Quality Sleep That’s a Must for Mental & Physical Health
The Mastery of Sleep is the only science-based sleep training program developed by a renowned sleep expert.
Mastery of Sleep is an investment in all the benefits of quality sleep, for the rest of your life.
Get benefits like better mood, health, and mental performance, easier weight loss, and greater creativity and productivity.
There’s no good reason for supplements or pills to get to sleep or pricey coffee and energy drinks to perk yourself up during the day.
The Mastery of Sleep has many, many satisfied customers and an unconditional money-back guarantee.
For all these reasons, I recommend Mastery of Sleep.
Patrick Alban, DC