Not everyone who wants to improve their mental function has the exact same needs.
Some people are looking to only improve their memory, while others also need to increase their ability to concentrate, or are looking to balance their emotions, as well.
While some people are looking for the latest nutraceutical or prescription medication, many people put their faith in traditional natural remedies, such as herbs and homeopathy, that have been in use for hundreds or even thousands of years.
Focus Formula is an herbal remedy designed to improve concentration, attention, memory, and mood.
Since this is Native Remedies’ most popular memory supplement, this review will focus on it, but I’ll also touch on the company’s other brain health formulations, for those with more specific needs.
Let’s have a closer look.
Native Remedies: The Company Behind Focus Formula
Now more than ever, you have to be careful when buying herbal supplements.
Recently it was exposed that herbal “brand name” supplements sold by chains like GNC, Walmart, Target, and Walgreens contained very little of what was on the label. (1)
In fact, 80% of the products tested contain NONE of the herbal ingredient on the label.
What they did contain was cheap fillers including houseplants.
Not only would these herbal supplements not be helpful, they are potentially dangerous, especially if you have any plant allergies.
Native Remedies is an online-only supplement company specializing in herbal and homeopathic remedies.
It offers over 250 remedies designed to aid health conditions from A to Z. (Seriously, the list starts with “abdominal pain” and ends with “zoster.”)
There are multiple signs that indicate that this company wishes to be taken seriously.
- It’s been online since 2002 and has a Better Business Bureau rating of A+.
- They have 500,000 customers in 30 countries.
- They offer an unusually generous one-year guarantee on all its products.
- Its team of herbalists, naturopaths, and homeopaths offers free advice on how to use its products and how to choose the best product for a particular condition.
- Native Remedies draws on the large body of documented knowledge about traditional medicine, as well as recent clinical research, when creating a product.
- Raw materials come from reputable suppliers that supply a Certificate of Analysis and are quarantined until in-house tests are done for contamination and potency. Raw ingredients are organically grown as much as possible.
- All remedies are manufactured in an FDA-registered facility which is supervised by an in-house team according to the principles of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice). GMP guidelines mandate production and testing processes that pharmaceutical companies and reputable supplement companies follow to ensure the quality and safety of their products.
Active Ingredients: How Focus Formula Works
Focus Formula is designed for people of all ages to improve concentration, attention span, motivation, and memory. It is also said to balance energy levels and mood.
It’s safe for adults and children alike.
The product contains extracts of nettle, chamomile, ginkgo biloba, gotu kola, green oats, rooibos, and skullcap.
Here’s how each of these ingredients traditionally has been used to help brain function and overall mood and disposition:
- Nettle — improves overall circulation
- Chamomile — helps with sleep, anxiety, and depression
- Ginkgo biloba — helps memory loss and forgetfulness by increasing circulation to the brain
- Gotu kola — increases blood flow to the brain, thus improving mental clarity, memory, and mood
- Green oats — reduces nervousness and irritability
- Rooibos — promotes improved function of the brain and nervous system
- Skullcap — aids relaxation, calmness, and a healthy mental attitude
What Benefits Can You Expect?
Most users (both on Native Remedies’ website and on other independent websites) have reported improvement within 3 to 6 weeks, although some people have responded more quickly.
Benefits frequently reported by Focus Formula users include:
- Improved concentration, focus, and attention in both adults and kids
- Improved ability to learn and remember
- Increased motivation
- Balanced mood and energy levels
What Others Say
Native Remedies and its different formulas have been written about favorably in publications such as Woman’s World, Woman’s Day, and People Magazine.
It has been featured on television shows such as The View and the CBS Early Show, as well as numerous local television programs.
Customers are encouraged to leave their review of any Native Remedies product. There are about 50 Focus Formula reviews with an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5.
It appears that the company allows uncensored reviews but I always like to go elsewhere.
These are some typical user comments found on third party sites like Facebook and Amazon:
I cannot recommend Focus Formula enough. The improvement of my daughter’s behaviour and ability to focus her attention at school and at home during play is brilliant.
Glenda Gray — Facebook
After about two or three days I started noticing a huge difference. I was able to stay focused at work, wake up earlier, and the best part was that I was able to feel like myself without some medication screwing with my emotions.
Josh — Amazon.com
I have a wonderful, imaginative, loveable, and highly distractable 7 year old. Focus in combination with Bright Spark has been such a benefit to him over the last few months. I have recommended this product to others based on the positive results we have experienced.
J. Powell — Amazon.com
How to Take Focus Formula and Precautions
Focus Formula comes as a liquid tonic in a dropper bottle. It can be mixed in either juice or water or taken straight. In my opinion, it doesn’t taste good enough to take straight.
There are no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. Since it contains no animal products, and is not tested on animals, it can be used by vegetarians.
Focus Formula has no known side effects, but there is one warning.
It’s advised not be used during pregnancy or while breast feeding, since its safety for those situations has not been established.
I like that the dosage for children is broken down by age group on the product’s website. At adult dosing, a bottle will last 30 days. For kids, it can last up to twice as long.
Beyond Focus Formula
Native Remedies realizes that one product doesn’t fit the needs of everyone.
You might find that one of the products below deals more directly with your specific set of brain health, memory, or focus symptoms. These are herbal supplements except as noted.
- MemoRise — supports brain health, reduces age-related memory loss and forgetfulness
- Triple Complex Brain Tonic — improves brain health, relieves forgetfulness, reduces mental fatigue, increases alertness (homeopathic remedy)
- Focus ADDult — promotes concentration, focus and attention span in teens and adults
Traditional herbal or homeopathic remedies are not for everyone. There are other memory supplements with ingredients that have been shown to be very effective.
How to Get the Best Deal
There are many ways to save when buying from Native Remedies.
- Sign up for the free newsletter, and you’ll get a promo code to get $5 off your first purchase. Likewise, if you ask an online question of the support team, you’ll get a different $5 promo code.
- Check out the “monthly specials” tab to find products that are 25% off and have “buy 2, get 1 free” offers.
- There are Combo Packs of related products at significant savings.
- And you can refer friends to get discounts on your own purchases.
You can order Focus Formula by clicking the ad or by clicking here.
The Bottom Line
Native Remedies is a highly reputable company that offers quality products. They have a loyal and happy customer base. Focus Formula gets rave reviews from its users, so it gets my thumbs-up.
- I have investigated many supplement companies and used the products of quite a few. Native Remedies seems to do everything that can be reasonably done to ensure its products contain only what they are supposed to. In the world of natural supplementation and homeopathy, this is by far the best way to know that you are getting a product that will be safe and potentially effective.
- The company offers an almost unheard-of one-year guarantee. When a company stands behind their products to this degree, it gives me confidence, and it should for you. Same goes for the A+ Better Business Bureau rating.
- The large customer base, good media coverage, and number of Facebook Likes are all credibility factors that speak loudly to me.